Selling your property on your own may seem like it makes financial sense especially if you’re the D.I.Y. type, but in the end, it may cost you more than if you had chosen the right professional Real Estate Agent or REALTOR® to help navigate the tricky road of selling your home successfully. Look at it as a team effort. Just as we are an extension of a REALTOR’s® services as a Home Stager, an agent is an extension to your team of experts. We are all here to help you sell, quickly and for the most profit.
Another way to look at is to realize that 88% of homebuyers purchase their home through a real estate agent or broker. The point is that they are making smart decisions to enlist the help of a professional. Someone that is trained to know the market, make the contacts, handle negotiations and to know their clients well enough to recommend properties that may be of interest. Imagine the amount of time the home-buyers are saving, just by using a professional to help guide them.
You can be that person too. Why not? Having someone in your corner helps. Let’s look at some of the reasons why teaming up with a Real Estate Agent, Broker or REALTOR is key to selling your home…
- They are trained to watch out for issues that may not be in your best interest.
- They have a large network of information and resources at their fingertips.
- They will help you price your home competitively the first time – helping to shorten you DOM (days on the market).
- They can help you through the process…step-by-step.
- They can be the go-between – the contact on the yard sign- to field the many calls that you will receive (most of them fishing).
- Many REALTORS® (91%*) and Agents use social media as a tool to market – think about the networking ops.
- They can schedule the visits for you so you can avoid the awkward phone calls during dinner time.
- Agents can host open houses for other Agents to attend…causing a chain reaction.
- Agents prescreen and accompany prospects through your property…increases security for you and your home.
- Agents can see behind the scenes…helping to monitor the sale right up to closing.
Listing all of these reasons reminded me why my husband and I used a Real Estate agent to sell our last home. We wouldn’t have it any other way. Once you’ve made this decision to acquire a reputable and professional agent. He or she will objectively view your home before you move on to the pricing stage. This is where we come in! Adding us to your team is the next best decision you can make. Keeping in mind that 51% of Buyers found the home they purchased online and 34% found it by seeing the yard sign or open house sign*. It’s imperative that we properly prepare you home for sale before you post photos or have anyone visit your home.
While your Realtor works on the marketing plan, we will work on Staging your house so that your prospective buyers can visualize it as their new home. Sounds like a great team me! I’m in the processes of building my network of REALTORS so I may be able to help you find someone that fits your needs. At the very least, we can handle the Staging. Give us a call at 713-367-1173. We’ll be happy to help!