For many homeowners, putting their home on the market is stressful because:
- They're trying to live in their home while it is in the market
- They don't know how to objectively prepare their home; unsure of what to focus on first.
- They're aware of the competition (sometimes right next door) but don't know how effectively to stand out from the crowd.
- They're rightfully concerned about price reductions and extended time on the market.
Are any of these factors relative to your situation? If yes, then staging can help you!
Don't worry, you are not in this alone! Home Buyers are stressed as well! Finding the perfect house is like finding a needle in a haystack because the real estate industry is so competitive. Prospective home buyers generally have a lot of options, so making your home stand out is key from the moment that you list your house.
It's no secret that home buyers are able to quickly perform a preliminary search online to narrow down the homes that they would like to see in person. It's like using a metal detector while you're walking around the haystack!
Depending on what they read about your home and what they "SEE" in the photos, they will either add your home to the list or move on. The objective is to stick out for the masses and draw them in to experience your house as their home.
You can't change the stats (i.e. size, location, the number of rooms, etc) of your home but you do have control over how you present your home.
So, what is Staging?
Home staging is the process in which you prepare a residential (or commercial) property for sale so that it appeals to the greatest number of potential buyers, showcasing the property's best features allowing the potential buyer to visualize themselves in that home or space. Point blank, it's a communication tool.
The focus with staging is de-cluttering, de-personalizing and accentuating the positive aspects of the home. For owner-occupied homes, depending on the inventory available in the home, items are either repositioned, removed or brought in to create an amazing space in order to make a positive first impression. For vacant homes, home staging involves bringing in inventory to fill empty spaces so that the home is more inviting and properly showcases the amount of space available in the home.
What Staging is NOT!
- It is not to covering up defects or problem areas of the home to deceive (or trick) the potential home buyer.
- It is not just a table with four chairs and a centerpiece or a picture hanging on the wall with a leftover couch in a vacant property.
- Rocket Science but it does help to have an knowledgeable, creative and objective party, such as an ASP® Home Stager involved to ease the process.
Why should I stage my home?
Professionally staged homes spend less time on the market and sell at a higher price. According to NAR®, 81% of buyers say a Staged Home is easier to visualize as their future home. Regardless if the property is occupied or vacant, Staging helps to eliminate the questions that homebuyers ask as they walk through the home...
"How can I use this space?"
"What is this space supposed to be used for?!?"
"Will my furniture fit in here?"
Why should I work with a Professional ASP® Home Stager?
The answer is simple, we aren't emotionally attached to your home so, we'll be able to objectively identify the tasks that need to happen in order to properly prepare you home for sale. The tasks that will be most important to your potential home buyers. We can help take the stress out of figuring out "what" to do.
Your Real Estate Agent or REALTOR® may be able to offer staging services along with their listing services and that's fine too. We can partner up with them so that they can spend their valuable time marketing your home.
- We are professionally trained and certified in the art of Staging
We create real "WOW FACTOR"
We cover De-Staging Labor when you are SOLD! No extra fees!
We clean up after ourselves, no mess left behind!
- We choose Property Specific Furniture and Accessories to fit your space just right
No markups of third-party furniture rentals
A Non-Smoking Team on your property
All labor and mileage for Staging and De-Staging included
Intake and placement of items at the property upon delivery - we do it all!
Ironing or steaming of all bedding on site -no wrinkled fabric here!
Professional photography of each room emailed to your agent for marketing
Your property will be listed on the Staged.com rental property-giving you another marketing source
- Facebook Marketing through our page - includes photos, address & Agent info
- Scheduling of Home Stage, Delivery and MLS Photo shoot after Staging- A One Stop Shop
- We are Fully insured
Top 3 Benefits of an ASP® Staged Home
- 95% of ASP® Staged Homes sell in 11 days or less and sell for 17% more.*
- ASP® staged homes spend 88% less time on the Market than non-staged homes.*
- Your ASP® Staged Home will be listed on the "Staged Home" listing website which means additional exposure for your property thus increasing your chances for the right potential home buyer to visit your home.
*Statistics from the International Association of Home Staging Professionals and StagedHomes.com.